1. The first information collection is used for requesting permission to use privately owned equipment to microfilm archival holdings in the National Archives of the United States and Presidential libraries.
2. The second information collection is used by participants in training courses and workshops that NARA conducts. NARA needs the information to assess customer satisfaction with course content and delivery and to ensure that the training meets the customer’s needs.
3. The third information collection is used for requesting permission to film, photograph, or videotape at a NARA facility for news purposes.
4. The fourth information collection is used for requesting permission to use NARA facilities for events.
5. The fifth information collection is a form, Independent Researcher Listing Application, NA 14115, used by independent researchers to provide their contact information.
The public is invited to comment on the proposed information collection pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
The comments and suggestions should address one or more of the following points: (a) Whether the proposed information collections are necessary for the proper performance of the functions of NARA; (b) the accuracy of NARA’s estimate of the burden of the proposed information collections; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including the use of information technology; and (e) whether small businesses are affected by this collection. The comments that are submitted will be summarized and included in the NARA request for Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval.
Written comments must be received on or before July 6, 2009 to be assured of consideration. Comments should be sent to: Paperwork Reduction Act Comments (NHP), Room 4400, National Archives and Records Administration, 8601 Adelphi Rd., College Park, MD 20740-6001; or faxed to 301-713-7409; or electronically mailed to email@example.com