The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has issued an updated draft of its 2006-2016 Strategic Plan in compliance with the requirement in the Government Performance Results Act of 1993 for periodic updates at least every 3 years. NARA is seeking public comments on this draft plan by August 5, 2009.
Among the changes in this updated plan are:
- Strategies for expanding NARA’s leadership in Federal records management, including electronic records management;
- A strategy for establishing a new National Declassification Center;
- Recognition of the Electronic Records Archive (ERA) as one tool in a larger electronic records program;
- Inclusion of social media tools as new ways for the public and NARA to interact;
- Inclusion of NARA’s National Historical Publications and Records Commission;
- New human capital measures for telework and fast, effective hiring;
- Progress made since NARA’s plan was issued in 2006.
Comments can be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (301) 837-0319.