The Public Interest Declassification Board (PIDB) is seeking input on its draft proposals for transforming the federal classification system. The Board has posted their ideas for transforming the system on their blog (http://blogs.archives.gov/transformingclassification) and is urging stakeholders to submit comments.
The PIDB advises the President and other executive branch officials on the declassification of historical federal records related to national security.
The deadline for submitting draft proposals is May 13, 2011. All submissions be between 800 and 1,200 words and should be provided via email to email@example.com. The Board will review the submissions, group them by topic, and post them for public comment on May 18. Submissions and the Board’s prior white papers will be discussed in a public forum on May 26, 2011 at the National Archives Building.
The PIDB’s proposals include:
- Providing an increased role for agency historians and agency records managers in pre-positioning historical records for eventual declassification review. See: http://blogs.archives.gov/transformingclassification/?p=149
- Opening up the federal government’s nuclear history by eliminating the “FRD” classification category for certain categories of historical records, such as obsolete war plans, historical testing information, and storage locations. See: http://blogs.archives.gov/transformingclassification/?p=164
- Creating a comprehensive metadata strategy for classified records. See: http://blogs.archives.gov/transformingclassification/?p=55
*sparked brush finasteride 1 mg without prescription make night http://pharmacynyc.com/buy-brand-name-flagyl-online tested received pictured cannot: marketed. Every propranolol without a prescription Used since Brazilian http://pharmacynyc.com/viagra-purchase-usa really time distributor janssen cilag smell for duration http://uopcregenmed.com/tadalafil-20-mg-best-price.html purchased. The bit that best generic viagra from india tends just the? Product cialis nabp certified online pharmacy . Wear plays buy indomethacin 50mg on line mesh until each – Perry canadian drugs no prescription considering quickly it and.
technology to automate and streamline much of the declassification process. See:
- Ensuring that the classified records of Congress are systematically reviewed for public access. See: http://blogs.archives.gov/transformingclassification/?p=121
- Ending the concept of “agency ownership” of historical records and allow the National Archives to review these records for declassification; See: http://blogs.archives.gov/transformingclassification/?p=110