On May 26, the Public Interest Declassification Board (PIDB) hosted a Public Forum
on “Transforming the National Security Classification System.” The meeting focused on the Board’s eight draft White Papers on transforming classification and
White Papers submitted by the public to the PIDB Blog over the past several weeks.
The PIDB Blog remains open for additional public comments through Sunday, June 12.
Public presentations on reforming classification and declassification were made by:
- Elizabeth Goiten representing the Brennan Center for Justice
- Steven Aftergood representing the Federation of American Scientists
- Harry Cooper of the Central Intelligence Agency
- Robyn Greene representing the American Civil Liberties Union
- Alison Roach representing The Constitution Project
- Nate Jones representing the National Security Archive
- Kristen Summers representing CACI Enterprise Solutions
Comments were also made by Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero, Bill Leary of the National Security Council and Fred Kaplan, a journalist with Slate Magazine.