Online registration for the 2012 National Humanities Alliance’s Humanities Advocacy Day is now open. Events will take place Monday, March 19 – Tuesday, March 20, 2012, in Washington, DC.
With increasing budgetary pressures on federal spending, your help is needed now more than ever to defend critical humanities programs. The National Coalition for History is a co-sponsor of the annual event.
Humanities Advocacy Day started in 2000 to provide an opportunity for the entire humanities community to convene, meet
with their elected officials, and convey the importance of federal support for the humanities. Strong participation in Humanities Advocacy Day events is essential to our success in increasing public support for, and understanding of, the humanities.
The 2012 preliminary program includes:
- NHA annual membership meeting
- Presentations of current work in the humanities
- Panel discussions on the humanities role in research, education, public engagement and other policy areas
- Luncheon keynote address
- Humanities funding and policy briefing
- Capitol Hill reception
- Visits with Members of Congress